2012 press kit
All the basic information for the 2012 Minnesota Fringe Festivalin one handy PDF.
2012 press FAQ
This as a reference guide for fact checks about the Minnesota Fringe Festival. Last updated June 8, 2012.
- Name: Minnesota Fringe Festival (first reference), Minnesota Fringe or Fringe
- Dates: Thursday, August 2 through Sunday, August 12, 2012
- Shows: 165 different productions
- Running time: All shows no more than 60 minutes
- 2012 is the 19th anniversary
- Web site: fringefestival.org
- Location: 15 stages in Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Tickets: $12 plus $4 admission button; kids’ tickets (12 and under) are $5 and don’t require a button; multi-show passes available. Tickets on sale July 1 from OvationTix at (866) 811-4111 or at fringefestival.org and at the box office 30 minutes before performance.
- About us: Minnesota Fringe is an annual performing arts festival in Minneapolis-St. Paul. For eleven days, over a thousand artists present works in every discipline and genre. No one selects the participating shows. Instead, a lottery determines which of nearly 400 applicants win production slots in the festival.
Current press releases
All press releases are in PDF format.
Monday, August 15, 2011: 48,350 tickets issued to Minnesota Fringe 2011: The 18th annual Minnesota Fringe Festival closed yesterday and preliminary numbers indicate that 48,350 tickets were distributed to the 167 shows participating in the 11-day performing arts festival. (PDF)
Wednesday, March 9, 2011: 2011 Fringe venues announced (PDF)
Monday, January 31, 2011: 2011 Fringe lottery on Feb. 7 (PDF)
Friday, December 3, 2010: 2011 Fringe applications, new lottery system announced (PDF)
Monday, August 24, 2010: Minnesota Fringe benefit, Fringe Bacchanalia, Sept. 23 (PDF)
Monday, August 16, 2010: Minnesota Fringe 2010 sets festival record (PDF)
Collections from the 2007, ’08 and ’09 festivals are available for download. Thousands more available on request.